Youngster

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Youngster
From: Mark Alan Dodd <madg8008@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 90 12:40:53 -0600
Dale has asked that some of us new subscribers tell you about ourselves, here
goes:

I am an electrical engineer, BS & MS from Purdue.  I work for the Air Force
(civilian) at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.  The AF has sent me back to school,
thus the University of Illinois address.  Being an electrical engineer c

certainly has its advantages for those LBC's!

The cars:  A 77 MGB started it all.  From there I picked up a 64 MGB.  As a
poor grad student at Purdue, I had to let that one go.  Many appologies!
Once I made it to Dayton I picked up a "hybrid" 74 midget.  It has a 66 1098
engine, rebuilt by the previous owner.  The 66 body was shot, hence the 74
body.  That car is in the process of being finished, hopefully in time for
the University Motors summer picnic.  Chrome midgets are the featured car
this coming year.  I was briefly led astray by a couple of 60's Mercedes.
These were sold to make way for a couple of Jag MK 2 basket cases.  The
first is a 61 3.8 auto with wires, the second is a 62 3.8 manual w/ overdrive.
The 62 has a soft frame so it may be relagated to parts status.  The most
recent British purchase was a 76 XJ6L.

Sidetracks:  My wife and just had our first child, a daughter.  We also own a
1887 brick Queen Anne house in Dayton in desperate need of rehabilitation.
Needless to say I will be a busy man!  The money pit between a child, a house,
and a half dozen cars, mostly British, seems bottomless!

Any help, especially concerning MK 2 parts/catalogs/etc would be appreciated!

Any other midwest BC'ers, let me know.  The coasts seem to be well represented!

Mark Dodd
madg8008@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
As always-
Safety Fast!