A TRF Story

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: A TRF Story
From: brady_p@apollo.com (Pete Brady)
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 91 10:44:27 EST
Hi,

[I tried sending this 2 weeks ago but I never received a copy back - if this
 is a repeat for you, I apologise...]

I wanted to pass along something that happened to me recently with TRF
that I thought was just amazing, and will keep me buying from them for a
while...

I have a broken gearshift lever in my TR7, and tried to replace it with a new
one through TRF, Victoria British, et al.  This year all the NOS parts dried
up, with no hope of them being offered in future catalogs.  Since all the
"parts recyclers" (are there any junk yards any more? :-) I talked to wouldn't
part with the lever unless I bought the whole 5-speed, so I made do with the
broken one.

A few weeks ago I received an invoice from TRF saying that they got a few
more gearshift levers in stock, and since I was interested in the past, would
I still want to buy one?  The letter said either send the invoice back with
payment, or call with the special invoice number listed on the letter to get
the part.  I called right away, and received it the next week... truly amazing!

Now if they only carried new left side seat frames or a left side seat in the
solid gold fabric, I'd be all set... :-)

--pete

J. Peter Brady                              INTERNET: brady_p@apollo.hp.com
Hewlett Packard/Workstation Group Mktg      UUCP:
{mit-eddie,attunix,decvax}!apollo!brady_p
M/S CHF-02-MD                               PHONE: +1-508-256-6600 extension
7423
300 Apollo Drive, Chelmsford, MA  01824