Re: Survey again?

To: mjb@hoosier (Mark Bradakis), british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Survey again?
From: steve%europa.esd.sgi.com@SGI.COM (Mr. Spench)
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 91 19:38:59 PST
I'll combine this one with an introduction.  I currently own:

1959 TVR Grantura Mk I
1960 bugeye sprite
1970 Lotus Europa S2

as well as some other non-British cars.

I got hooked on British sports cars by trading a running 1966 Karmann Ghia
for a non-running bugeye.  It was my uncle's car.  He did some body work
on it but could never get it running, which is just as well because he
never would have fit (6'6").   I remember seeing the car a year earlier in
his barn and thinking that had to be the strangest looking car I had ever
seen.  I got the car running (burnt exhaust valve).  Thus started the
sports car mania.  I bought a Triumph GT6+ 6 months later.  I had both
of these cars thru college.  I drove the bugeye, my wife (then girlfriend)
drove the Triumph.  After I moved to the Bay Area (you know, to become a
productive member of society), I was hit by a Detroit whale in the Triumph.
It was totaled.  The settlement allowed me to replace it with my Europa
(as well as enable us to buy a house).  A few months later I bought a
Triumph TR-250, which I had for a few years and recently sold to buy a
non-British sports car.  I enjoyed the TR-250, but am spoiled by lightweight
and nimble cars, ala Lotus.  I bought the TVR at about the same time I
sold the Triumph.

Most of the almost affordable sports cars I would like to pick up in the future
are:  Lotus Elan or old Elite (yeah, right!),  Ginetta G15,  Marcos 1800S,
TVR Vixen,  Unipower GT (good luck!),  Elva Courier MK4,  Berkeley,  and
more I can't think of at the moment.

I am also quite partial to Italian sports cars and a few French (Matra and
Alpine - anyone know of an Alpine A110 for a reasonable price?).

Next?

steve valin             i've found something no-one else is looking for
steve@sgi.com           i've found something that there's no use for
4153351379              and what's more, i'm keeping it to myself      - wire