Tools and what not:

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Tools and what not:
From: miq%chromavac.csd.sgi.com@SGI.COM (Miq Millman)
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 91 16:57:21 PST
Here's what I do for tools:  I got one of those 145 piece tool kits at Kragen
Auto parts on sale for about $20, sure most of it is crap, but it keeps every-
thing from bouncing around, has a nice plastic case, and if I really want I
can replace the broken stuff with better quality tools.  So far, I have
treated it as a first aid kit, ie the best ones are never used. :^)  Also I
have 3 shop rags stuffed into a slot I made in one side, and I tossed a
roll of duct tape and a small can of mystery oil in the boot.  This doesn't
take up very much room or weight, and combined with the swiss army knife I
always carry (with a bizillion different things on it) I am pretty well
prepared for anyhthing I want to repair on the side of the road.  I think
that the Fizzball maxim is great for british cars: don't take anything you
don't want to fix.  So if you really don't want to change a head gasket on
the side of the road, don't keep a spare around, and yours won't break.

"Mister! Hey mister! You lights are popped up, but they aren't on!"
        "Huh?  Oh gee thanks...<sigh>"
                                An ignorant good samaritan and me in my Bugeye
Miq Millman -- miq@sgi.com or {decwrl,pyramid,ucbvax}!sgi!miq  415 335 1041