Engine Rebuilds

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Engine Rebuilds
From: zahid@mozart.AMD.COM (Zahid Ahsanullah)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 91 18:22:24 CST
All this talk about engine rebuilds has really brought out some
neat ideas, wish I had saved all the discussion. I have my Spitfire
(1980 model) torn down currently for a rebuild waiting for a  warm
day to start putting it back together again. Here's a way to keep
track of all the parts that get taken apart. Get several plastic cups
and a couple of beer cartons the long neck kind.  Each item that gets
dissassembled, which includes stuffs like O rings, bolts, nuts and
other dodads, put it in  the cup and label it with a marker pen.
I usually put hints like "1 of 3" if I use more than one cup per
item. Finally put the cup in the beer carton slot so it won't
fall over. This way if you ever have to move all your stuff around
its a cinch.

Hey guys, what is this grey paint thats on my new camshaft. I don't
have to remove it do I when I put it in? I'm used to seeing new
parts or reconditioned ones look steely.

                        Zahid