TR6 Starter Problems

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: TR6 Starter Problems
From: jlo@elan.com (Jeff Lo)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 91 17:08:52 PST
Now that the carbs on the TR6 are rebuilt and the engine seems to
run fairly well, I'd like to fix an intermittent problem that has
been bugging me for a while.  Occasionally when trying to start
the car, the starter will make a click-click-clicking noise, and
sometimes just a single click and then nothing.  Later, it will
start just fine, sometimes, thinking that maybe the starter isn't
engaging the teeth correctly, I would push the car a few feet with
the car in 4th and then it would sometimes start.  Any suggestions
of where to start looking (or even "get a new starter" suggestions)
would be appreciated.

--
Jeff Lo - PP-ASEL & Amateur Triumph Mechanic
Elan Computer Group, Inc.