Brit car businesses

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Brit car businesses
From: phabib%well%apple@sun (Philippe Habib)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 91 22:51:54 pdt
Thought I'd through my 2 cents in about the supplier list.

British Parts Northwest.  I've gotten much stuff from them.  They are
cheap and quick.  I recommended them to a friend who ordered the
wrong clutch for his Spit, got it grungy while trying to install it and
then was able to exchange it for the right one.  Good people.

Triumphs only.  I've gotten a fair amount of stuff from them too.
Nice folks, when I had trouble figuring out how to reassemble my
brakes, they let me come back several times to look at wrecks for
guidance.  Not the cheapest around.  They also do repairs and full
restorations through a company called Classics Too owned by the
same guy at the same address.  The address you have is old.  The
new one is 456 Willow St. San Jose CA 95110.  The new number is
(408)947-7766.  Used parts are 1/2 the price of the Roadster Factory
catalog.

Triumph Specialty.  Can't say enough bad things about them.  I went
in to buy some gaskets and they quoted me a price, took my money,
went into the back and came back with USED gaskets.  I told them I
didn't want them, I already had lots of used gaskets of my own.  It
took quite a bit of argument to get my money back.  I was told not to
return if I was to stupid to realize that a wrecking yard sells used
parts.