Dean's fuel pump problems

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Dean's fuel pump problems
From: jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (James TenCate)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 91 09:44:01 -0500
Dean:

Your Alfa DOES have the same Bosch FI as the TR8 (ob brit bit :-)!
Besides checking the fuel delivery stuff, I should add one important
item:  air leaks.  False air (air that gets into the engine without
being measured by the air flow meter) could cause rough running
problems.  Check out those hoses and be sure everything's tight.
BTW, the book also says that dirty injectors are a likely problem too.

Everyone:

Has anyone out there tried the fuel injector cleaner made by Red Line?
I've got a pamplet on it and I'm curious to know if anyone has first-hand
knowledge of the stuff.

jim
jatc@emx.utexas.edu