Re: Engine Rebuild continued... cam & other parts

To: hoosier!british-cars@cs, paisley@cme.nist.gov
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild continued... cam & other parts
From: ssi!coventry!rmb@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Bob Bownes)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 91 13:21:37 CDT
->Anybody know anything about this cam?  Bob, do you have one?  I
->noticed that it requires a core, so I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a
->weld or two on it.  I can get my old cam custom done for about
->$80-$100 with welding.  (that includes turing too)
->

        I do not have one, but I have seen one at Ted's trailer @ VTR. Didn't
look like a regrind to me. You could call Ted and ask.

->Bob, who is your supplier @ 4.65?  TRF wants $6.25 each according to
->the Green price list - 10% for the October sale.
->
        British Parts Northwest. 1-503-2001.

->I was planning on ordering most of my stuff from TRF, bearings and
->suppliers as that was posted recently, but recent impressions about
->part suppliers are welcome!
->
I've bought a bunch of stuff from BPN, but would still get all my gaskets,
bearings, and other parts that need to be excellent from TRF.

->Thanks in advance.  Here's hoping I'll be able to warm my hands on a
->warm TR6 engine REAL soon...  :-)
->
        Just in time for winter.

iii