Re: exhaust blues and Jon's vibration

To: Greg Meythaler <Greg_Meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com>, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: exhaust blues and Jon's vibration
From: lupienj@hpwarq.wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 91 12:32:06 EDT
> Don't laugh, but have have you tried Midas?   They had stuff for my
> TR6 and I've had 3 free mufflers from them since so am kind of high on
> them.

Laugh all you want about my Midas story: they found that their "replacement"
muffler pipe did not fit the new-model car, so they cut away part of the
offending cross-member with a blow-torch. Without asking, without even telling
the owner what they did. Not that every Midas mechanic is a total bozo, but
there do seem to be one or two that are...

Disclaimer - a friend told me that this happened to him. I have no direct
evidence to support it, nor do I know which Midas "did it".

--
---
John R. Lupien