Re: Puzzle from Joe Lucas

To: jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: Puzzle from Joe Lucas
From: Pete Brady <peteb@sco.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 91 19:15:00 EDT

    Here's the puzzle:  I've noticed a peculiar thing on my TR8 lately.
    The left turn signal blinks almost half as slow as the right one.
    In fact, sometimes it barely seems to manage to blink at all.

I had this same problem on my TR7.  This is what I did:
        o used the dremel tool and a fine wire cup brush to clean the
          surface of the metal bezel where the lamps clip in.
        o replaced the original bulbs with brand new ones from the same
          manufacturer
        o ran a length of 10awg wire from the bezel to a nearby bolt
          on both bezels to improve the ground.  This helped the most
          and it's worked well since.

Hope you figure it out.  It took me almost a year to get the damn things
working correctly... :-(

--pete

J. Peter Brady                          EMAIL:      peteb@sco.com
Consulting Engineer                     PHONE:      617-272-0220
The Santa Cruz Operation                FAX:        617-272-0133
77 S. Bedford St., Suite 140            VOICE MAIL: 800-788-7697
Burlington, MA  01803
-------