Re: previous owner bashing

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: previous owner bashing
From: Set the Transmorgifier to 'Gila Monster'!!! <tobin@neagp.enet.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 91 11:41:45 PDT
 > by supergluing the wire back onto the magnetic brush.

    Superglue is great stuff!  My starter in the spit has a good
 amount of it inside.  For some unexplicable reason, two of the brushes
 were twice as worn as the other two, so I put some rigid foam on
 top of the springs as a *temporary* fix.  In the process of taking
 the very fragile insides out, I broke a few pieces, the brush holder,
 and the wire guards.  So- rigid foam and about a tube of superglue later,
 I had a fix which I planned on replacing right away.  This was about
 two years or so ago.  Yep- would rather spend .02 cents and always
 wonder if it will work or not than spend 12.95 on a rebuild kit... (^;

Greg