RE>positive ground

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: RE>positive ground
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 24 Oct 91 09:36:28
        Reply to:   RE>positive ground
Eric Hiss writes:

Also the book I read on converting it said, "though the original reasons for
having positive ground are still valid ....."

Well I'm just curious which reasons those would be?

   **** It's really simple, Eric.  As we know, electricity consists of motion
of electrons.  Now, an electron has a finite mass, and therefore has weight.
With a positive-ground system, the electrons fall through the wires toward
ground, unlike a negative-ground one, in which the electrons have to be pulled
up toward the battery terminal.  A positive-ground system is therefore more
efficient.

     - Jerry

p.s.  :-)