Pink, Ping

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Pink, Ping
From: gerry@speedy.att.com
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 91 15:12 EDT
Jim writes::::

> Hi again.  You said you went to a colder plug, an N11Y, then you said that an
> N12Y was colder than N11Y, that a N7Y was hotter...all for a 1500 engine.  My
> Spitfire 1500's original spec was for an N12Y, so if I want to go colder, I'll
> need to go to a 13 or 14? I guess I'm really asking if the numbers get smaller
> for hotter plugs, which is what you said but I'm just checking...

Yes.
   N7Y N8Y N9Y  N11Y N12Y

I  do not know if Champion make a plug colder tha N12Y in that
series. I know if you phone up Pegasaus Racing Products, they can
supply you with racing plugs in many, many heat ranges. I was
looking at their catalohue 2 nights ago and they have a neat
table showing all of Champions racing plugs (none of the N*Y plugs
were listed, so I guess they are too hot for racing ????)

Gerry