Well... I got the Daimler

To: british-cars@hoosier (british-cars)
Subject: Well... I got the Daimler
From: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 91 18:36:41 MDT
How does one gracefully say "I changed my mind." ?

After finding that I couldn't get the Daimler out of my mind,
having Anne repeatedly ask "Are you SURE you don't want to get it?"
and receiving some very subtle persuasion from kirkb,
> (What do you mean... YOU got him down to $2600 and you still
>  didn't buy it?!?!?!?!)
I decided to bite the bullet and go ahead and get it.  I closed the
deal and went out with Wayne Angevine to pick it up.  Driving chase
with the kids in the wagon, I followed while Wayne cruised the 40
miles back home without incident.

  We drove it downtown that night.  We parked and weren't even out
of the car before being mobbed by a group of foamers (trainspeak
that my Amtrak-employed little brother introduced to me for
extremely enthusiastic fans who may or may not know quite what
they're looking at, but they sure do like it and want to talk your
ear off about it.  I believe that he said the term originated from
what happens to steam engines when they get a load of unclean
water).  They went on and on about the car.  Though we weren't
prepared for the attention, it was kinda cool getting that sort of
reaction.

So, after a year on the sidelines, it's nice to be counted again as
one of the "Wearers of the Tweed".

/\      Lawrence Buja           Climate and Global Dynamics Division
  \_][  southern@ncar.ucar.edu  National Center for Atmospheric Research
      \_________________________Boulder,_Colorado___80307-3000__________