more useless fluff

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: more useless fluff
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 93 13:05:55 -0500
        I've named a few cars over the years...

        Fiat 850 spyder - "deathtrap"  For obvious reasons, not the least of
which is
the time the driver's side front suspension ripped out of the car while
cornering.
That caught my attention ...

        1976 Lincoln mk IV - "Moonmist" after the really horrid moonmist paint,
metalic light blue.

        1972 Olds 98 - "buffalo"  Once great herds of the these cars roamed
freely
along the highways of America.  Their vast numbers have dwindled. Now, there are
only a few of these great beasts left.  When these die, they will exist only in
the
memories of a lost era.  We will try to tell our grandchildren that there were
once
passenger cars that were 20 feet long which weighed tons, but they will only
laugh and
think to themselves grandfather/mother is getting senile...

        1973 olds station wagon - "Mr. Butts" after driving through the local
hambuger
joint with about ten of my friends' (you guessed it) butts plastered against the
 windows.

        The spitfire and the Healey haven't earned names yet.  I've been
thinking about
"Vamp" for the Healey given my girlfriend's reaction to the time I spend on it
:-)

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu