Re: Garages without mains

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, timd@ptltd.com
Subject: Re: Garages without mains
From: timd@ptltd.com (Tim Dziechowski)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 93 12:44:36 EST
Sorry to post this to the whole list, but I mis-moused and clobbered
the original message.

In a prior occupational incarnation, I used battery operated lights for
booth display at shows where wires running across the floor were prohibited.
A car battery will run two 100 watt bulbs for 6-8 hours before totally
discharging.  Best battery to use is a marine deep-discharge (such as
Sears Diehard)...it's designed for this kind of abuse.  I used such a
battery four nights a week for two years and it still had no problem recharging.
DC light bulbs will last longer but AC versions will work fine.

timd@ptltd.com  (Tim Dziechowski - Phoenix Technologies - Cambridge, Mass)