Re: Aston-Martins

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aston-Martins
From: "Andrew C. Green" <dlogics!hermes.dlogics.com!acg@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1993 15:34:27 CST
Garry Archer Esq. (archer@hsi.com) writes:
> The box cover showed the car in British Racing Green, racing somewhere.
> One cannot find BRG model paint too easily so I painted mine white and
> gave it a nice red interior and silver wire wheels.

You can paint a plastic model with regular automotive paint, either via
airbrush or with a spray can of touch-up, as long as you spray a nice
coat of clear enamel on first. This undercoat will prevent the automotive
stuff from crazing the plastic. I used this method to spray '75 Chevrolet
Burnt Orange Metallic on an AMT Chevy Caprice model of that vintage.
Worked like a charm (and I can wax it periodically, too... :-)

-- Andy