Re: Re: a great week for LBC's in CA!

To: Kantarjiev@parc.xerox.com
Subject: Re: Re: a great week for LBC's in CA!
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@snakebyte.cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 92 09:49:46 pst

> What is this list coming to? This is the sixth or seventh person that
> has exclaimed about temperatures rising above 65 degrees, thus allowing
> them to lower the hood on their LBC!
>
> If there isn't snow on the ground, and it isn't pouring rain, there's
> no reason to motor about with the hood raised. If you drive fast
> enough, a light rain will pass over you. If you're cold, bundle up!

I dunno Chris.  Have you ever been inside a really hot (not talkin'
engines here) Healey, in the middle of the summer, in the San Fernando
Valley, or Phoenix, with the temp gauge on its peg, the heater on to
assist engine cooling, 108 degrees F in the shade, sun beating down on
your head?  During the summer the side curtains on my Healey out but
the hood stayed up until the sun went down.

Roland (glad to be in the Bay Area) Dudley