TR-only

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: TR-only
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 27 Mar 92 10:23:13
        Reply to:   TR-only
I've been dealing with Wayne on and off for years.  He can be OK if you keep
your wits about you.  Always carry a TRF catalog, so you know what the stuff is
worth.   But it's true about him overcharging mercilessly on rare parts. I went
to him for some other stuff yesterday, and started to ask my question about my
spare washer in my TR2 steering wheel center hub:

    Me:  Wayne, you know the center hub in the TR3 steering wheel?

    Wayne:    Four-hundred-fifty dollars!    ( Used, "restorable" )

    Me:  No, mine's OK, I just have a question.....

   The funny thing is, that I bought that steering hub from  TR-only itself
about six years ago!  For fifty dollars!  See, Wayne wasn't there, and I bought
it from one of his employees.  I later heard that the fellow caught hell for
selling it to me so cheap :-).

  Well, with all his faults, Wayne's the only game in town for used TR3 parts.
Compared the the other Triumph business in San Jose, "Triumph Specialties",
he's a saint.  ( Bay Area folks know what I mean.  Anybody got any good Triumph
Specialties stories? )

     - Jerry