TR6 frame repair and floorpan replacement revisited

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: TR6 frame repair and floorpan replacement revisited
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 92 14:58:46 EST
|Date: 4-2-92  2:58pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu}:INTERNET
|Subj: TR6 frame repair and floorpan replacement revisited
   Well. I went home for lunch thinking that I would drop the car off
and pick it up next week.  First of all, I started the car then shut it
off to tighten the alternator belt and check everything etc.  So, I go
to start again and all I get is CLICK, so I try again, CLICK.  Anybody
read my last post when I said that I have had very few problems and that
I probably shouldn't have said that ?  I was just going to put the top
down and let the car rust for a few weeks to teach it a lesson, but I
couldn't.  It turns out it was just a loose battery connection on the
solenoid.
    I get to the shop and the guy says, "Sorry, we're booked until April
24th, but we usually have someone cancel."  So, I have to wait a while
longer, but if I'm lucky it'll be in the shop on monday and out by
friday.

   Dean

 P.S. - Has anyone renewed brushes on a starter ?  My starter seems kind
 of slow and I figured the brushes would be a cheap shot at getting it
 up to spped, so to speak.