Re: Weird radio problem

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Weird radio problem
From: btufts@keps.kodak.com (Bob Tufts)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 92 18:15:25 EST
I can see an arcing brake switch generating noise, and maybe the other
 radio had better immunity (power line filtering). Replacing the arcing
 brake switch or installing a line filter should fix it. (But you say it's only
 on the first application of the brakes?)

And now for something completely different :-)  (but somewhat related)

My '65 Corvair has these spring assemblies inside the dust caps for the
 wheel bearings that were installed whenever radios were ordered. Sounds
like "snake oil" to me, but I think the rational was that static was being
 generated by the rotating tires that would periodically discharge. I guess
 the springs "grounded" the rotating wheels to the spindle and prevented
 this discharge. (Like truck drivers dragging chains?).

Now just maybe.......... Nah!

-Bob T.