Re: Re: 'Original Triumph TR: The Restorer's Guide'

To: Kantarjiev@parc.xerox.com
Subject: Re: Re: 'Original Triumph TR: The Restorer's Guide'
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 92 14:06:14 pdt
> To: DANIELS@lmsbvx.tamu.edu (Lee Daniels/TAMU-LMSB Systems)
> Cc: lrs@hpindwa.cup.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re:  'Original Triumph TR: The Restorer's Guide'
> Date:         Tue, 7 Apr 1992 12:36:33 PDT
> From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <kent@parc.xerox.com>
>
> Prospective buyers of this book should note that the book is devoted to
> "home market" TRs -- that is, TRs as they were sold in the UK. This is
> mostly the same as those exported to the US, but the niggardly details

I bought the AC Ace and Cobra book in this series mainly because it's
the only one (as far as I know) with its level of detailed information
on these cars.  Even though the Cobra section is somewhat weighted
towards the UK version of the car, I still found the parts, appearance
details and commentary very useful.  Also I didn't feel that the book's
emphasized was that much on concours restoration.  Most of the cars
pictured in it are more in the recreation category; that is driven
and/or vintage raced on a more or less regular basis.  I didn't see any
pictures of cars that were in the better than factory new condition I've
seen at car shows.

Roland