Re: British Cars Digest #415 Thu Apr 9 01:15:02 MDT 1992

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #415 Thu Apr 9 01:15:02 MDT 1992
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Thu Apr 9 07:29:15 1992
 The MGB is complete except for the engine and transmission which
> were used in constructing Scott Fisher's EP MGB race car.  The
> bodyshell has not rust at all (really!) and only a few dents.
>
> Our most outrageous idea so far is to convert it into a diy
> $45 000 sports car/autocrossing monster.  That's right, we could
> add an Aluminium V8 of some description along with a robust
> transmission and thumb our noses at British "Phlegmsucking"
> Leyland's latest error in judgement.
>
> Does anyone have any information regarding this kind of conversion?
>
> What kind of engines would be best?
>     Buick/Rover V8?
>     RX7 engine?
>     something smaller?

The parts should all be available for the rover v8 conversion since MG
constructed and sold rover v8 powered MGBs in the 1970s, such a conversion
should therefore require the least engineering for the most performance.

 How would the CA DMV appreciate this kind of activity?

as far as the DMV is concerned, it is a 68 MGB and should comply with all
68 regs, unless you being it to their attention...

I am not an expert on the CA DMV, but I believe that would work in most states.

good luck.

jim fuerstenberg

                        186,000 miles per second, it's not just a good idea
                        it's the law!

jfuerstenberg@dcri.dla.mil or
xgg2356@dcri.dla.mil

The opinions stated herein are solely my own and not those of my employer.