Good buy on Land Rover?

To: british-cars@hoosier (british cars)
Subject: Good buy on Land Rover?
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 92 8:41:41 MDT
Typically I am giving answers, now I have a question.
I stumbled on a 1988 Land Rover last night.  The body is in decent shape but
the engine needs a complete overhaul.  It is a diesel and I have no
experience working on diesels.

Are they more difficult to work on than gas?

Will I be able to find parts?

Would it be easy to find a gas engine to replace it with?

I am really looking for an older Land Rover, but will I notice any difference?

It is missing lots of accessories, like the spare tire and the hard top for
the back, are these available?

I can probably buy this vehicle for $1200, is this a good price?

I could probably come up with another 100 questions, but I let the wisdom of
the net chew on these for now.
Thanks in advance for the excellent advice and off the wall comments I am sure
to get.
--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley