Re: re: Cleaning wiring harnesses

To: mikej@apd.MENTORG.COM
Subject: Re: re: Cleaning wiring harnesses
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 92 10:47:26 pdt
> From: mikej@apd.MENTORG.COM (Mike Johnson)
> Date: Fri, 10 Apr 92 10:09:23 PDT
> To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
> Subject: re: Cleaning wiring harnesses
>

> sender: zrol01@trc.amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay) writes
>
> >I use Trichlorethane to clean cotton and plastic wrapped
> >ozone problems).
>
> What about toxicity?

This stuff is supposedly far safer than trichlorethylene (I guess that
how you spell it) but still smells toxic as hell.  Great stuff for
removing grease stains from carpets and upholstery but I always feel
uncomfortable using it and ware a mask with a solvent type filter when I
do.  One thing though, trichlorethane does leave a residue so a little
soap and water (or other cleaner) afterwards might be a good idea anyway
if it's something to be painted.

Roland