Dinky speedo/tach parts

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Dinky speedo/tach parts
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels/TAMU-LMSB Systems)
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1992 0:40:06 -0500 (CDT)
I'm looking for a couple of TR6 parts which aren't supplied by any of the
regulars but which might be hanging around someone's spare parts bin:

The simplest is just one of the stamped metal "legs" that holds the back of
the speedo and tach to the dash (and the knurled nut that tightens it).  If
I'm lucky, someone's got an old broken speedo or tach with one of these
still hanging on it;  a new home awaits!  (You can keep the instrument!)

Anyone ever replaced the rubber "gaskets" that go between the instruments
and dash?  TRF says that new ones come with new rubber rings, but they're
not sold separately.  My old ones fell apart when the instruments were
removed - I may just have to make my own -- no, wait, I can probably find
O-rings of the appropriate size.  Never mind.

And finally, no one seems to carry the two-position heater fan switch for
these cars.  Any suggestions?

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726