CLANK X1V- The Clankster Cl

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: CLANK X1V- The Clankster Cl
From: sabbott@NMSU.Edu
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 92 10:56:49 MDT
Subject: -tr7 (and 8) styling --tapping engine bolts

Bill Sohl scribes:

>I'm always amazed, too, when I come across a teenager who doesn't
>have the foggiest notion about Triumphs and then learns that
>the car is no longer made and is, in fact, over 10 years old.

around here, people just assume my TR7 is a fierro.  typical gas
station attendant comment: "I thought fierros took unleaded".
it is rather annoying to have a car mistaken for a ubiquitous
General Motors lemon.

On a mechanical note, I got my TR7 with a recently rebuilt
engine, but I guess the guy didn't know much about aluminum
blocks because he stripped about half the bolts.  I have never
done any tap & die work so any suggestions comments would be
greatly appreciated.

--
sean

sabbott@nmsu.edu