TR7 coupes/autoX/rambling

To: ulowell!ahrendt@harvard.harvard.edu, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: TR7 coupes/autoX/rambling
From: ulowell!ahrendt@harvard.harvard.edu (Dave Ahrendt)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 92 12:43:02 -0400
Subject: MG-TC Speedo Parts Wanted
To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu

Hi All!

        I'm trying to locate the odometer setting stem for
a '46 MG-TC speedometer.

        No one seems to sell small bits for old British chronometric
instruments. Nisonger will rebuild the speedometer but
doesn't sell individual parts. They did a great $100.00
rebuild on my tach last year but my speedo doesn't need it.
(Although $100.00 may seem high, check the prices to send an
instrument to England for repair. Ouch!)

        So, if anyone has an extra (yeah sure) odometer stem
for a TC speedo that they don't need please get in touch. If
anyone knows the thread size for the stem, that may also help.
I assume it's BA but have no way to tell for sure.

        Thanks...       Dave Ahrendt (ahrendt@cg-atla@agfa.com)
        -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-