WARNING: British Automotive

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: WARNING: British Automotive
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1992 13:14 PDT
>I didn't see either of these places on the parts list so I thought
I'd ask if anyone has dealt with either of these places ?  I saw ads for
   both of them in Hemmings.  British Automotive is in Oregon phone #
503-484-2043.  They advertise midget 1500 high quality british rebuilt
gearboxes for $420.

WARNING:  Do not under any circumstances do any business with "British Automotiv
e"

Some of the guys there are "nice" but one guy there is abit of a shark.

For example:  I asked if the head gasget on a 1500 spit was the same as on the
1300, he said yes (I asked several times).  Of course when I used the 1500
gasget it was not the same so went back there, asked the same question and he
said "Oh no they are different, I can sell you the right one".  I have lots of
other horror stories about them especially there "good" used boxes.  Good for
about 15K miles if you are lucky.

Cheers DW