Re: Reupholstery -- Spitfire seat foams

To: "Eric Olson" <akgua!att!nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu!chip.cba.ufl.edu!ERIC>,
Subject: Re: Reupholstery -- Spitfire seat foams
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 92 08:32 EDT
I went over to Atlanta Imported Car Parts (404-451-4411) last week
to get some MG parts and the place was filled with foam seats and
backs.  I asked the guy if they had just received these and he said
that they have them manufactured for Moss and Victoria British.
They were just pieces of foam cut and glued together to produce the
right shape.

I have heard that an electric carving knife with the reciprocating
blades are great for cutting foam.  You might try visiting a fabric
store (Hancock's Fabric, a chain in the south) and asking them which
foam to use.

Good luck-
Don Mathis
Bell Labs