Seen interesting car last night

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Seen interesting car last night
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 92 10:31:37 -0700

Last night on the way home from work, trying to find a place to dispose
of my used oil, I seen an interesting car. It had printed/stenciled on
it that it was a 1939 Jaguar SS100. The owner apparently did not think
too much of late model MG owners. I tried to get his attention at the
lite to talk with him, but he paid no attention to me. (Maybe he was
deaf, I don't know.)

Anyways it looked alot like a MGTD, I beleive, not being an expert on the
T series MGs. It had a very deep throaty sound so I know it was not a
kit car with a VW engine in it, although it could have been a kit car
with a V8/6 in it. It did have the Jaguar hodd ornament on it, if that
makes a difference.

So I went home and proceeded to browse through my collection of Brit car
mags to see if I could find one. I also checked the price list in
Classic Cars, and they only go back to 1945. I found no adds that listed
any Jags that old.

So pray tell, was I seeing things, did Jaguar make such a car, or what?
As it was dark I could not tell much about the car as I did not get a
real clean look at it. But it did look very clean, and most definitely
very impressive. It sure warmed the heart to see such a car if it is
indeed a real Jag.

Bruce...