Redcar hits the road !

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Redcar hits the road !
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 92 14:13:31 PDT
     Well, it finally happened. Last night at about 10:30pm,
     after months in hibernation undergoing the mechanical
     transformation from worn & noisy to new & noisy, I was
     able to pilot Redcar on her maiden voyage around the
     neighborhood. All the important things worked, it
     sounded better, felt, better, heck, it even smelled
     better ! I was so amped afterwards that it took a long
     time to fall asleep.
          The drive in this morning was w/o incident, as
     the traffic gods were smiling and nary a stop. Good
     thing too, as I couldn't fit the electric cooling fan
     yet, and I had to pull the temperature sending unit
     out of the block last night as it was leaking so badly.
     No gauge, no fan, no stopping.
          In anticipation of this memorable day I had asked a
     co-worker (who is also the owner-builder of The world's
     nicest stock daily driver Bugeye), to drive his car in
     today so we could swap stories over lunch. As it turned
     out, a few of the other list members decided to get
     together for lunch as well, so we rolled it all up &
     met at a nearby Mexican restaurant. Work is calling now
     so I must tie this up, but I'll finish up by say that i
     just returned from a wonderful lunch-full of bench
     racing & Bugeye driving. I even switched cars with my
     friend part way back to get an idea of what a stocker
     feels like; smooth & quiet (& slow) compared to mine.
     All in all, a perfect lunch I'd say .....

          with dreams of the drive home-
                                        dstone@sc9.intel.com