Rich Midget (again, sorry!)

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Rich Midget (again, sorry!)
From: hill@eecs.ucdavis.edu (Rich Hill)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 92 14:39:41 -0700
Just another idea - if the cam timing was off, could that screw up the mixture?
I find this unlikely - afterall, the car does run - but it is something that
has me worried.  It seems unlikely that the cam timing could be screwed up -
there is virtually no adjustment on a Midget (1500, at least), you just line
up the timing marks on the timing gears and bolt the gear to the cam with 2
bolts.  I would sleep a lot better knowing the cam timing is not the cause
of these problems (I could believe not running if the cam was wrong, but why
would it affect the mixture?  I still think the carb is the culprit...)

Rich Hill