Re: Trunions, hubs and icky bits

To: british-cars@hoosier, hodsonb@prl.philips.co.uk
Subject: Re: Trunions, hubs and icky bits
From: Paul Thompson <paul@btcase.bt.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1992 10:19:30 +0100

>       This leads me to my question. In the Haynes manuel it indicates
>       that I have to take the whole hub to bits just to get to the
>       trunion. Is this true. It sure looks like I can just undo some
>       bolts and then unscrew the old trunion and screw on the new one ?
>       Is this the case ? Anybody got any pointers ?

Haynes is strictly correct for once. However, if you don't mind bending
the brake disk back plate slightly it is very easy to just simply undo
the trunnion and damper lower bolts, take off the brake disk by undoing
the wheel bearing and then unscrew the trunnion. There is no need to go
any further than this but be careful not to bend the back plate too much
other wise it will foul the disk.

Paul.