Re: SU help needed

To: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Subject: Re: SU help needed
From: HERTZBERG JEAN R <hertzber@spot.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 May 92 14:37:56 MDT
Bruce Carter writes>
> So I start checking everything, like loose vacum hoses, etc... What I
> found were no lose vacum hoses, but the over flow tube on the front carb
> is sucking air like crazy. If I try to put my finger over it to plug it,
> the car dies. So I try this trick on the rear carb, it is not sucking
> air and does not die when plugged.
> running way too lean while driving, but ok at idle. Oh, BTW, while
> driving down the hiway it will occasionally surge from time to time.
> This is not noticable in town at surface road pace(stop and go at lights).

This sounds like the front carb is not getting its fair share of fuel,
except every now and then, causing surging. I can't think of any
way for the float bowl to be connected to manifold vacuum, except through
the jet itself. So maybe a check of the float level, and fuel delivery
to the front float bowl is in order.
-Jean H.