About VWs

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: About VWs
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1992 18:02 PDT
Sorry to post stuff about VWs here but some of you learned people might be able
to help.  (Skip this message if you don't want to deal with VWs)

Is engine work on a 75 (2 litre air cooled engine) bus expensive and difficult
compared to the earlier motors. Here is why I ask.  There is a 75 bus for sale
for about $400!!  Its in good shape BUT runs badly and needs engine work.
It has a weber carb.  The owner (a very giggly woman) said it used to run great
but started to run badly and thought it was the valves.  It had a partial
rebuild about 9K miles ago (for what it is worth).
How much would I expect to pay for a rebuild, including instalation and tune-up?
Thanks for your help.

Cheers DW