Grose Jets

To: uunet!hoosier.utah.edu!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Grose Jets
From: pacdata!dave@uunet.UU.NET (Dave Ambrose)
Date: Wed, 6 May 92 17:30:25 PDT
TeriAnn writes:

>During the last 6 months I purchased and installed gross jets for my '68 MGBGT.
>The jet on my front carb ocassionally sticks open allowing lots of fuel to flow
>out the overflow tube.  A tap or two convences the jet to behave.  On mine it
>happens at startup.

        I've previously had precisely the opposite problem.  The silly
thing stuck closed.  A couple of taps with the trusty hammer solved the
problem.  A little Chemtool solved it permanently.  These valves seem to
be subject to a varnish build-up.  Mine stuck closed,  I suspect others
may stick open.

        Generally speaking,  I've been much happier with than without.
BTW,  I have the later,  plastic floats on my MGB's SUs.

        Dave Ambrose