For Robb Pryor

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: For Robb Pryor
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1992 14:19 PDT
Sorry to send to net but I can't use the reply command to reply to Rob.

I don't think yopu have the right end of the stick.  As standard there are
two bearings, both half circle, one goes on each side of the crank thrust
surface.  What you need is another two half circle bearings which locate
in the lower bearings cap, so you need to cut a space for them.  These must
have a tab to prevent them from rotating round as the crank rotates.  This
simply gives more surafce for the crank to wear down so each individual
bearing wears more slowly.

Still clear as mud?

Cheers DW