New Brand Redline Tires

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: New Brand Redline Tires
From: rgb@hal.com (Roger Bolick)
Date: Mon, 11 May 92 19:59:48 CDT
There was a TR6 at the Austin, TX VTR with a set of new
215R65-15 tires on the stock rims.  These tires had the
original style 3/8" redline, the only difference being
a small 3/8" 'ss' cut into the line at one spot.

These tires had a modern aggressive looking tread,
were tubeless, and the guy said they cost ~$100 each
ready to go.  I believe they were Uniroyal brand and
have just been placed into production.

Did I miss the discussion on this, or am I the 1st to
mention these?

Roger