'70 Lotus Elan for sale

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: '70 Lotus Elan for sale
From: Scott Alexander <salex@devvax.Jpl.Nasa.Gov>
Date: Fri, 15 May 92 08:58:04 PDT
I thought this car might just be interesting enough to someone that
it would be worth posting.  It's being sold by a friend of a friend
(but I have seen the car;  it's not an urban legend :-).

'70 Lotus Elan Series 4, all original, new spare parts, original
        owner, ~60k miles, new tires, stored 3 years, $12,000,
        car is in San Diego County.

Essentially the story is that shortly after moving to SD 3 years ago,
a throttle linkage broke.  By the time the owner got that fixed, the
carbs had gummed up.  Cleaning the carbs and doing some other minor
restorations (eg, installing a new dash) have been on the todo list
for that long, but have just never been done and he's finally decided
that he wants the garage space freed up.  The body looks pretty good
except for a spot of missing paint on the left rear wing from when
the battery came unmoored when his brother was autocrossing it.  The
fiberglass survived, but the paint didn't.

Anyway, if you're interested, send me a note.

Scott Alexander
salex@devvax.jpl.nasa.gov