Re: Mail from home computer

To: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder - lesnyd@monsanto.com - (314)694-3626)
Subject: Re: Mail from home computer
From: pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Mon, 18 May 92 8:23:15 CDT
>your mail came in with no carriage returns!

Sure did!  On my MAC here at work, too.  I used Xmodem checksum to transfer
from the Atari to PNET.  I thought then that Xmodem crc would be different,
but it seems to do the same thing.  I don't give a damn when I am sending stuff
to my Mac here to include in THE RIGHT LINE, as I can just slap in the carraige
returns for the paragraphs and my MacWrite II will do the word wrap (maybe).
But this is somewhat intollerable for you all to read on the net.  I will try
to figure out what to do about this.

>You might see if there is some way
to save the text in a generic ASCII format, since your PC seems to be using
some special characters for EOL.

Right.  Any body ever use an Atari?  Stop laughing.

Anyway, I am sorry I made your eyeballs fuzz up!

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324