Re: Is this a factory Mini??

To: british-cars%hoosier.utah.edu@uunet.uu.net
Subject: Re: Is this a factory Mini??
From: archer@hsi86.hsi.com (Garry Archer)
Date: Tue, 19 May 92 13:24:13 -0400
pacdata!dave@uunet.UU.NET (Dave Ambrose) writes:
>       I saw something really neat today.  It was your basic mini in a
> station wagon model with wood trim.  Was this something done at the
> factory,  or is a custom job?  I'd never seen one before.

Yes it was built by the factory.  The model type is best known as a
Mini Traveller.  Never, if ever, a "station wagon" or "estate".
The Morris Minor "estate", with the same wood trim treatment, was also
known as a Traveller.

Don't ask me why! :-)

        Cheers!

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert