Siata Motor cars

To: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Subject: Siata Motor cars
From: berry@athos.pei.com (Berry Kercheval)
Date: Tue, 26 May 92 09:45:12 PDT
>>>>> On Tue, 26 May 92  12:04:18 EDT, Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
>said:
Dean>    Over the weekend I stopped at a old used car lot, i.e. a TR6, jag
Dean> E-type 2+2, MGA, etc.  There was a 1968 Siata there.  It had side
Dean> curtains and a square backed roof life.  It was also rear engined.  I
Dean> suspect it was some sort of kit car, but I figured I'd check the best
Dean> source I know of.  It was a pretty neat little car and if it's actually
Dean> worth something it would be good to know.  It's been there for a few
Dean> weeks so the price must not be great.

No. the Siata is not a kit car.  I think it was made in spain by SEAT.
I distinctly remember reading a road test of it in Road'n'Track around
then, so a trip to the library may be in order!

I suspect the reason it's not moving is that no-one knows what it is.

  --berry