MeadowBrook HistoricsatWaterfordHills

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: MeadowBrook HistoricsatWaterfordHills
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Mon Aug 3 10:52:43 1992
just a few interesting lbc spottings from the Waterford Hills, Meadow Brook
event this past weekend.

At the race in group 1, a 1933 Bentley, originally a factory experimental or
development car and similar to their LeMans cars (4.5 liter)

1932 Morgan three wheeler (no further description necessary)

a DB2/4 convertible, the nicest aston at the event IMHO.  he was entered in
the event, but dropped out after breaking spokes in the old 16in wires.

in the parking area and driven around in touring, a 193x Lagonda Rapide, with
polished alloy body

At the artists reception at Meadowbrook Hall.  One of the DB5s used in the
bond movies with fake machine guns, radar, bullet deflector and lest we forget,
sunroof for passenger only.

oh yes, there was also what I believe was a full collection of the Lalique
crystal hood ornaments made for automobiles in the 1930s.

there were almost as many as canadian entries as U.S. and all of the minis
racing but mine, were canadian.  There were a total of 6 minis entered and
a whole gaggle of sprites.  Our class was won by a very fast sprite w/
speedwell nose from Wisconsin. (a 1275).

more details upon request.

jim fuerstenberg

                        186,000 miles per second, it's not just a good idea
                        it's the law!

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil or
xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil

The opinions stated herein are solely my own and not those of my employer.