Re: OEM shocks

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: OEM shocks
From: Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432 <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 92 12:47:53 PDT
Dan Parslow writes:

>Anyway, I pulled the shot Girlings and didn't like the look of
>them a-tall, they seemed very cheap.  So rather than go cherchez
>les Girlings I took an ignorant chance on the pair of KYB gas
>shocks recommended by my favorite parts counter...

>Stuck them in and am very satisfied.  The (rather firmer) ride
>and handling characteristics are outstanding.

I second that, one of the rear shocks on my GT6 snapped at the top weld
(I think they were origional Girlings???).  Called around, brit places wanted
$60 & up for each, if they were able to get them.  Called a place in San Jose
that "specialized in suspesion and steering components".  They had the KYB gas
shocks for $36 each.  I think they came with a lifetime warranty too.  Put two
of them on, very satisfied.

Mike G.
gendimen@t12sys.intel.com