misc. stuff

To: britcars@red4est.felton.ca.us
Subject: misc. stuff
From: lrc@red4est.felton.ca.us
Date: Thu Aug 06 09:46:09 PDT 1992
I will assume that the Ford Consul Cortina is basically
the same as a Mk 1 cortina here in the states.

For the rear, Take your leaf springs apart, turn the largest
leaf that doesn't have "eyes" on it upside down.

For the front, either cut a coil out of the front spring,
or buy one of the trick front strut setups from Leda.
What I did is bought the strut caps from the rear of a
280Z, replaced the old konis with new tokickos and made
a camber plate to dial in a couple of degrees of negative
camber and positive caster.  I also clamped a second
anti sway bar to the original (good for about 4 seconds a lap
at sears point).

For the spridget throw out bearing, sorry but the graphite ones
seem to be about the best.  The roller bearing ones are made
of plastic, which melts.  Just get out of the habit of sitting
with your foot on the clutch at stop signs, put the car into
neutral if you will be stopped.

On MG brake fluid, a friend had a problem with the fluid from
his brakes disappearing.  It wasn't leaking anyplace, the whole
system was dry, but it kept disappearing.  He finally found it
when he rebuilt his brake booster, there was a small hole in
the diaphragm that sucked it in.

  lrc