dipping and stripping

To: orbit!kksys.com!british-cars%hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: dipping and stripping
From: lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Phil Ethier)
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 92 13:49:02 CDT
Good news.  When I got the frame over to the strippers, Russ, the owner looked
at it.  "This is just fine, you did some good work here scraping the crud off.
 This should be an easy job.  Three weeks.  $135."

So, with the 5% surcharge to Waste Control, I am out the door for 141.75.

He says that he always quotes highothe phone (he had told me 250 to 375) to
discourage the guys that bring in crap and argue that they were quoted a lower
price.

Russ showed me where he had to drill two small holes in the back tube on the
Europa frame to get a proper flush.  Terry Pitts was with us, and he said that
his was the same.

Now I have the three weeks to figure out how I am going to paint it.  I have
been going round and round on  this for months, and still am unsure.

How about sloshing the inside with Metal prep, then rinse, dry and slosh with
DP40 then slosh with an Imron or clone?

Outside areas can be metal-prepped, then brushed with DP40 then brushed with
the finish coat.  Brushing should lower the danger of the toxic fumes tat you
get while spraying.

UUCP: {crash, kksys, petrus, quest}!orbit!pnet51!lotus
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!lotus@nosc.mil
INET: lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org