crankcasevents

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: crankcasevents
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Tue Aug 11 09:39:37 1992
Mark,

congratulations on the new addition (the 19inch one)

on your blow by problem, A series engines like crankcase ventilation.  On
my mini I have three vents, one in the valve cover, one in the timing chain
housing and one  in a tappet cover.  If I had a more recent transfer case
housing, it would also have a vent.

It is real important to have good vents as your motor is built to a higher
stage of performance.  K&N makes a vent filter (I have an extra), but I
have the three vent lines going to a catch tank to comply with vintage racing
rules.
\

jim fuerstenberg

                        186,000 miles per second, it's not just a good idea
                        it's the law!

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil or
xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil

The opinions stated herein are solely my own and not those of my employer.