Stripping paint off small p

To: SOL <british-cars@hoosier>
Subject: Stripping paint off small p
From: berry@athos.pei.com (Berry Kercheval)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 92 10:06:55 PDT
>>>>> On 11 Aug 92 09:43:46 U, "Jerry Kaidor"
><jerry_kaidor@engtwomac.synoptics.com> said:

Jerry>      The only trouble with carb cleaner is that it's alkaline ...
Jerry> Metalprep acid-etches the parts, ...
Jerry> ( the stuff lasts forever )....

Hmmm.  According to my college chemistry classes about mmphl-three
years ago, if you keep putting bits of alkali into an acid eventually
it will be neutralized, so I doubt it will last forever.  A cheap PH
test kit for a pool pill probably allow you to keep tabs on the
acidity -- when you can measure it it's probably too low!

  --berry

--
Berry Kercheval :: berry@pei.com :: Protocol Engines, Inc.  Mt. View, CA
"And there's more where that came from!"